Release and Waiver of Claims.
For valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged Renter does hereby remise, release, and forever discharge Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company, its agents, servants, successors, heirs, executors, administrators and personal representatives, of and from all, and all manner of, actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, debts, dues, contracts, judgments, damages, claims, and demands whatsoever in law or equity, which Renter ever had, now has, or which Renter’s heirs, executors, administrators or personal representatives hereafter can, shall, or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause, or thing whatsoever arising out of this Agreement; out of the use (misuse, or abuse) of the Craft; or in any way arising out of the rental relationship between Renter and Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company.
Terms and Conditions
1. Assumption of Risk. Renter acknowledges that the activities for which the Craft is designed include inherent dangers, including the risk of bodily injury and/or death. Renter assumes and accepts all risks associated with the use of the Craft.
2. Acceptable Use. Renter agrees and acknowledges that he/she will be the sole operator of the Craft, and will use the Craft in a careful, safe and conscientious manner while wearing a life jacket at all times. Renter shall at all times observe and adhere to any rules and guidelines posted by Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company, and any applicable laws or regulations. (Do Not Pass Law Enforcement Boat with Lights Activated)
3. Prohibited Activities. Renter shall not violate any of the following rules and regulations during his/her operation of the Craft:
There are no additional passengers permitted on the Craft unless expressly permitted by Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company in writing prior to use, not to exceed PWC weight limit.
2 Person – 500 lbs
Do not operate the Craft in a manner that will cause it to flip. If the Craft does flip, it must be turned upright immediately by turning it clockwise. If left upside down for an extended period of time it will fill the engine compartment with water and if the Craft is returned with water in the engine compartment, the renter will forfeit the deposit.
4. Age. Renter is at least 21 years of age. No one under the age of 21 is permitted to operate the Craft
5. Unsafe Use. If at any time Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company determines that Renter has engaged in an unsafe or hazardous use of the Craft, Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company may immediately terminate the rental. Upon notification of termination, Renter must return the Craft to the designated docking area immediately. If the rental is terminated for unsafe or hazardous use, Renter will not be refunded his/her security deposit. Rico’s Rentals Limited Liability Company shall determine, in its sole discretion, whether any behavior or activity is “unsafe or hazardous.” It is against the law to operate the PWC within 150 feet of another PWC, boat, platform, shore, object or person except at a speed which will not make wakes or swells.
6. Condition of Craft upon Return. The Renter shall return the Craft to the designated docking area clean, free of garbage and debris and in the same condition as it was in when given to Renter. Renter shall be responsible for any damage caused to the Craft during the rental period. Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company shall retain any portion (or all) of Renter’s security deposit as necessary to cover repairs for such damages. To the extent that damages to the Craft exceed the amount of the security deposit, Renter approves the Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company to charge an estimated amount to his/her credit card on file. If the credit card is not approved for Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company for the full amount of damages caused by Renter during the rental period, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
7. Late Return. For every 5 minutes late, the renter returns the Craft to the designated docking area, the renter will be charged $15.00. If Renter returns the Craft to the designated docking area more than 20 minutes after the scheduled “Time In,” Renter shall forfeit his/her security deposit.
8. Early return of the craft will not result in a refund.
9. Renter acknowledges that he/she was provided instruction on how to operate the Craft.
10. I understand that according to Ohio Law, All boaters born after January, 1982, must complete a ODNR-approved course and be certified with the ODNR to operate: Any vessel over 10 horse power.
Renter has read and understands all of the terms, conditions and rules set forth above, and agrees to all terms without reservation.
Personal watercraft (PWC)
1. Dangers of water being forced into body cavities from the jet thrust nozzle – wetsuit or wetsuit bottoms recommended 2. Never apply throttle if any participants are in the water near the PWC
3. Dangers of loose items (i.e. clothing, hair, stones, etc.) being sucked into the jet drive intake
4. A life jacket must always be worn with kill switch lanyard attached
5. Horseplay is never allowed – no spraying or splashing others; no wake or wave jumping 6. Stopping the engine will not stop forward motion
7. Steering control is lost when the throttle is released, or when the engine is shut off
8. How to respond to a capsized PWC
I agree and understand
I have received sufficient instruction and training, including, but not limited to, the pertinent areas listed above. I am prepared to safely operate the rented boat.
All participants must complete and sign all rental forms; there are to be no additional participants after the checkout procedure is completed.
Operation of the boat is not allowed by anyone that is under the influence of any legal or illegal drugs or alcohol.
No boat operation from dusk to dawn.
In addition to the terms noted above, I have been given an opportunity to ask any additional questions regarding the operation of the rented boat.
I have been provided emergency contact information.
Responsibility/Damages. Renter shall return the Jet Ski, in good working order and condition, at the end of the rental. If any equipment has been lost or damaged, Renter shall inform the Rico’s Rental staff upon return. Renter shall be financially responsible for all lost or damaged equipment or damage to the Jet Ski. Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company will charge the Renter for lost or damaged equipment to the credit card on file according to the following schedule of charges:
Storage straps $ 40.00
Glove box cover $100.00
Torn or damaged seats $500.00/ Life Jacket $ 50.00
Totaled Jet Ski $8,000
Extinguisher $ 50.00
Cracked hull $1,000
Flooded engine $750
Swim step $250
Lost key $50
This list of charges is not exhaustive and not a waiver of responsibility for other damage to the Jet Ski and Renter shall be fully financially responsible to Ricco’s Rental LLC for damages incurred. If Jet Ski is returned in an unrentable condition, Renter agrees to pay Rico’s Rental Limited Liability Company additional rent of $200/day until Jet Ski is able to be repaired to a rentable condition, with a maximum rental charge of $6,000.
A signature is required from each participant boarding the rental boat.
Signature:__________________________ DLN#_______________ Date:________ Time:_____________